We put the lime in the coconut and came up with Lime Avocado Toast. Mix lime juice, salt, honey, and our probiotic coconut kefir together to create a key lime cream, then drizzle over thinly sliced avocado on toasted bread. Last, but not least, sprinkle lime zest on top. Your taste buds will trick you into thinking you’re on a tropical vacation. Limes have antioxidants and vitamin C, avocados are a source of prebiotic fiber, and our kefir has 12 live and active probiotic cultures to aid in balancing the gut microbiome. Turns out, this toast is the key to a healthy and happy body. Try making this toast at home, it tastes sublime!
The Good Kind of Fats
Half an avocado has around 115 calories and 6.7 grams of heart-healthy monounsaturated fat, which are crucial for brain development, linked to lower blood pressure, and may reduce risk of heart disease and stroke.
- Vitamin C (6mg) – which supports immunity and tissue growth/repair
- Folate (60mg) – necessary for brain, nervous system and cardiovascular functions
- Vitamin K (14 mg) – essential for strong bones and blood clotting
- Vitamin E (1.3 mg) – an antioxidant that protects against free radical tissue damage (free radicals from cigarette smoke, air pollution, and ultraviolet light from the sun).
- Potassium (345 mg) – avocados contain more potassium than bananas. Potassium is linked to healthy blood pressure levels, bone health, and supports digestion.
- Fiber – half an avocado contains almost five grams of dietary fiber. This fiber not only helps you feel fuller longer (meaning less snacking throughout the day), but it also supports and helps regulate digestion. A win-win!
- Lutein and zeaxanthin – may help maintain healthy eye-sight.
- Toast your bread of choice.
- Top the bread slices with thinly sliced avocado.
- In a small bowl mix (with a spoon) lime juice, honey, coconut cream kefir (or plain oat), and salt.
- Take the key lime cream over the avocado toast and top with lime zest.