Our key lime pie kefir overnight oats is an easy way to make a satisfying meal you can eat on the go, with layers of graham cracker and a creamy filling of vanilla kefir, plain skyr, and lime. An updated twist on a classic dessert that’s both healthy and delicious!
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
Several studies have shown a strong association between the gut-brain-microbiota. Probiotics introduced to the gut have been found to support immunity, improve allergies, and improve digestion. Studies have shown that reduced diversity of healthy gut bacteria during early years is associated with an increase in food allergies during school age years. In addition, kefir made from whole fat milk helps absorb key nutrients such as Vitamins A, D, E, and K. Vitamin K is important because it helps your bones absorb calcium. It’s important to know that kefir contains a special trio: vitamin D, K, and calcium – all three crucial elements to support bone health.
A healthy diet is one that is sustainable and full of real ingredients you can pronounce. As always, it’s important to be mindful of how foods react with your individual body but when it comes to selecting which dairy products to consume, going the fermented route is one of the best choices for your health. Kefir can be a beneficial way to incorporate more probiotics into your microbiota. Lifeway Kefir, in particular, may be an appropriate option for those who are lactose-intolerant – it’s up to 99% lactose (a naturally occurring milk sugar) free.
- Add oats to your container of choice and stir in kefir.
- Stir together skyr and lime juice.
- Layer banana, kiwi and almonds.
- Drizzle maple syrup on top and refrigerate overnight.
- To assemble parfait, layer overnight oats, plain skyr, bananas, and crushed graham crackers as desired, repeating until layers are achieved.
- * If using crushed graham crackers, reserve and add just before serving.
- Can replace Madagascar Vanilla Lowfat Kefir with Key Lime Pie Perfect12