We used ramen noodles instead of bread to make this amazing Ramen Toast. We took cooked ramen noodles and lightly pan-fried them to make the perfect crunchy canvas for our probiotic farmer cheese, spiced spinach, and a soft-boiled egg. Get creative with us and make some ramen toast for your friends and family. Lifeway Ramen Party! Discover the full recipe by scrolling down.
Cultured Dairy: The Nutrition Benefits You Actually Need to Know
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
Several studies have shown a strong association between the gut-brain-microbiota. Probiotics introduced to the gut have been found to support immunity, improve allergies, and improve digestion.
Studies have shown that reduced diversity of healthy gut bacteria during early years is associated with an increase in food allergies during school-age years. In addition, kefir made from whole fat milk helps absorb key nutrients such as Vitamins A, D, E, and K. Vitamin K is important because it helps your bones absorb calcium. It’s important to know that kefir contains a special trio: vitamin D, K, and calcium – all three crucial elements to support bone health.
- 1 package ramen, seasoning packets discarded
- 1 egg
- vegetable oil for cooking
Raman Toast Topping
- 1/2 cup Farmer Cheese
- 2-4 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp red chili pepper flakes
- 1 sunny soft boiled egg
- 1 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- Raman Toast: In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook ramen according to package instructions. Drain and rinse noodles with cold water.
- In a large bowl, toss noodles with egg until evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large nonstick pan over medium heat, pour enough vegetable oil to thinly coat the bottom of the pan. Place the rings of 2 mason jar lids in the pan. Using tongs, fill each ring with the noodle mixture, then press down on each to make the noodles more compact. Cook until golden, about 4 minutes per side. Repeat.
- Spinach: sautee spinach in oil with garlic powder, onion powder, and ginger powder.
- Assemble: Slather farmer cheese over Raman, top with spiced spinach, egg, and a drizzle of sweet chili sauce! Enjoy!