If you haven’t tried our Roasted Jalapeño Pineapple Poppers, you must! On toasted bread, spread a thick layer of our probiotic farmer cheese, then pile on thinly sliced honey-roasted pineapple, fresh jalapeño, and a sprinkling of sea salt. Pineapple and jalapeño are both great sources of vitamin C and antioxidants, which work together to support immunity.
Prebiotics + Probiotics = a Healthy You
Prebiotics are non-living, non-digestible carbohydrates naturally found in a variety of foods. Your body actually can’t digest prebiotics, so they’re what probiotics feed off of to remain actively working in your digestive system. They help the digestive system by promoting the growth of good bacteria. Prebiotics and probiotics work together in balance to make sure our digestive system stays on track and regular. Research has found that consuming a variety of prebiotic and probiotic food sources may improve your body’s natural functions, including both your immune and digestive system.
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
Several studies have shown a strong association between the gut-brain-microbiota. Probiotics introduced to the gut have been found to support immunity, improve allergies, and improve digestion.
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup Farmer Cheese
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 fresh jalapeno
- pinch of sea salt
- 2-3 slices of toasted bread
- Toss pineapple with honey and roast in a 400-degree oven till super golden. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Thinly slice your jalapeno, you can keep the seeds if you like spice or remove them.
- Toss the jalapeno sliced with the pineapple.
- Spread farmer cheese over your toasted bread and top with your pineapple jalapeno mix.
- Sprinkle of sea salt on top and enjoy!