Our Banana, Raspberry, and Chia Layered Oat Parfait is a lovely treat made with fresh bananas, succulent raspberries, fiber-rich chia seeds, and Mixed Berry Lifeway Oat. Our organic, gluten-free cultured oat milk is infused with probiotics and prebiotic fibers, making it as nourishing as it is delicious.
Not Just Oat Milk: Cultured Oat Milk Benefits to Know
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
Several studies have shown a strong association between the gut-brain-microbiota. Probiotics introduced to the gut have been found to support immunity, improve allergies, and improve digestion. Studies have also shown that reduced diversity of healthy gut bacteria during early years is associated with an increase in food allergies during school-age years. In addition, a combination of fiber and probiotics is even more beneficial for the gut, immune system, and for brain health due to the way this combination strengthens the microbiome, the powerhouse system of your entire health. This is where Lifeway Oat is so beneficial since it is an organic, cultured oat milk beyond just another standard oat milk. Lifeway Oat contains both fiber and probiotics to help support a healthier body and brain, which means an overall healthier you.
Prebiotics + Probiotics = A Healthier You
Prebiotics are non-living, non-digestible carbohydrates naturally found in a variety of fiber-rich plant foods. Your body actually can’t digest prebiotics, so they’re what probiotics feed off of to remain actively working in your digestive system. They help the digestive system by promoting the growth of good bacteria. Prebiotics and probiotics work together in balance to make sure our digestive system stays on track and regular. Research has found that consuming a variety of prebiotic and probiotic food sources may improve your body’s natural functions, including both your immune and digestive systems.Prep Time: 4-8 hours Servings: 1
- For the base:
- 1 cup Mixed Berry Oat
- 2 tsp. cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 ripe, but still slightly firm, fresh banana, peeled and sliced
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup frozen raspberries
- Topping: 1/4 cup fresh raspberries, 1/2 of the rest of the banana, sliced
- 1. For the base of the parfait: Grab a 16-ounce mason jar and add the Mixed Berry Lifeway Oat, cinnamon, oats, and chia seeds, and stir well. Then add 1/2 the banana (sliced) and the frozen raspberries. Stir again well to combine. Tip: Using frozen raspberries is best since they will slightly defrost overnight and make a deliciously sweet syrup all from their natural juices!
- 2. Top with the fresh raspberries, fresh banana slices, and sprinkle on a few more chia seeds, if you wish. Seal the jar well.
- 3. Refrigerate overnight or at least 4 hours, then enjoy!