We love starting the day with a cleansing Beet and Raspberry Kefir Smoothie. Beets are a great source of prebiotic fiber and are loaded with vitamins and minerals. Pour a blend of beets, raspberries, banana, and our probiotic organic raspberry kefir on top of a creamy layer of plain kefir and coconut shavings. The 12 live and active probiotics in our kefir may balance the gut microbiome to create a diverse and thriving environment that may promote healthy digestion and immunity.
Prebiotics + Probiotics = a Healthy You
Prebiotics are non-living, non-digestible carbohydrates naturally found in a variety of foods. Your body actually can’t digest prebiotics, so they’re what probiotics feed off of to remain actively working in your digestive system. They help the digestive system by promoting the growth of good bacteria. Prebiotics and probiotics work together in balance to make sure our digestive system stays on track and regular. Research has found that consuming a variety of prebiotic and probiotic food sources may improve your body’s natural functions, including both your immune and digestive system.
- Start with the white layer and add all ingredients into the pitcher of a high-powered blender. Blend on high until smooth, or until desired texture is reached.
- Pour the white layer into the glass and set aside.
- Add all ingredients from the pink layer into the pitcher of a high-powered blender. Blend on high until smooth, or until desired texture is reached.
- Pour the pink layer over the white layer and add a straw to enjoy!
- If using raw beets, a high-powered blender is highly recommended. If you don't have a high-powered blender, consider steaming the beets first to soften them, or using fresh beet juice.