Somewhat unexpectedly, red cabbage shines in this energizing Berry, Apple and Cabbage Kefir Smoothie. Packed with antioxidants and probiotics, it’s just the boost your body needs.Servings: 1 Large or 2 Small
- 1 cup Lifeway Organic Organic Plain Whole Milk Kefir
- 1/2 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/4 of a small head of red cabbage (roughly 1 1/2 cups chopped)
- 1 organic sour/green apple
- 1 cup organic cranberry-apple juice
- Microgreens, to garnish
- Wash, peel, core and chop the apple. Set it aside.
- Cut the core out of the cabbage (if starting with a whole cabbage) and cut into quarters. Select one quarter and store the rest. Using a sharp knife, chop the cabbage into 1/4-1/2 inch chunks. Set aside.
- Add all of the ingredients except for the microgreens into the pitcher of a high-powered blender. Blend on high until smooth, or until desired consistency is reached.
- Pour into one or two glasses, garnish with microgreens and serve.
- We've also made this recipe with plain apple and plain cranberry juice - both work great!