Make room for mushrooms! With our Cheesy Miso Mushroom Rice Buddha Bowl,🍲 we combine cremini mushrooms, fluffy brown rice, fresh arugula, and tangy farmer cheese with herbs, nuts, and spices to create a full, hearty dish that’s both delicious and nutritious. This #recipe has a ton of health benefits. Mushrooms are loaded with zinc, vitamin D, and potassium. Brown rice is high in fiber. Arugula is chock-full of vital nutrients like folate, potassium, and vitamin C. And our Farmer Cheese packs in protein, calcium, and gut-healthy probiotics. #HealthyFoods
Cultured Dairy: The Nutrition Benefits You Actually Need to Know
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
Several studies have shown a strong association between the gut-brain-microbiota. Probiotics introduced to the gut have been found to support immunity, improve allergies, and improve digestion.
Studies have shown that reduced diversity of healthy gut bacteria during early years is associated with an increase in food allergies during school-age years. In addition, kefir made from whole fat milk helps absorb key nutrients such as Vitamins A, D, E, and K. Vitamin K is important because it helps your bones absorb calcium. It’s important to know that kefir contains a special trio: vitamin D, K, and calcium – all three crucial elements to support bone health.Prep Time: 45 mins Servings: 5-6
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups cremini mushrooms, sliced into quarters or sixths (depending on size)
- 2 tbsp thyme
- 1 cup Brown Rice
- 1 3/4 Vegtable Broth
- 3 tbsp miso sauce
- 1 cup Farmer Cheese
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- Egg, poached
- Bring a large saucepan, stockpot, or dutch oven to medium heat on the stovetop. Add olive oil and minced garlic, and sauté for 1-2 mins, until fragrant.
- Add sliced mushrooms, thyme, salt, and pepper and sauté for 5-7 mins, stirring frequently.
- Next, add brown rice, vegetable broth, and miso paste to the pot. Stir and bring to a boil, before covering and reducing heat. Let pot simmer (covered) for about 45 minutes, or until the liquid is absorbed.
- Once ready, stir in Farmer Cheese and top with a poached egg, Arugula, pistachio, lemon juice, and enjoy!