When our sweet tooth strikes, nothing satisfies quite like a cupcake. These deliciously simple Gluten-Free Kefir Vanilla Cupcakes, made with Simple Mills Vanilla Cake Mix and our Madagascar Vanilla kefir, are a dessert we don’t have to feel guilty about!
- 1/3 cup Lifeway Vanilla Lowfat Kefir
- 1 box Simple Mills Vanilla Cake Almond Flour Mix
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil*
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray, or line with cupcake liners (silicon liners are reusable and will cut down waste).
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, kefir, oil and vanilla until combined and frothy.
- Add the Simple Mills Vanilla Almond Flour Cake Mix to the wet ingredients and mix thoroughly. Spoon or pour batter into the lined muffin pan, filling each cup until roughly 2/3 full.
- Place the muffin pan in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before icing with your favorite frosting and eating.
- Serve with a cool glass of your favorite kefir!
- Experiment with substituting mashed banana or pumpkin puree for some or all of the oil for a lower-fat cupcake.