Grab a bowl and cool off with our green goddess gazpacho. Our garden to blender recipe will leave you feeling refreshed and light after a day in the summer sun. With a superfood trio of cucumber, avocado, and kefir, this luxuriously creamy blend gives healthy a modern look.
Cultured Dairy: The Nutrition Benefits You Actually Need to Know
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
Several studies have shown a strong association between the gut-brain-microbiota. Probiotics introduced to the gut have been found to support immunity, improve allergies, and improve digestion.
Studies have shown that reduced diversity of healthy gut bacteria during early years is associated with an increase in food allergies during school age years. In addition, kefir made from whole fat milk helps absorb key nutrients such as Vitamins A, D, E, and K. Vitamin K is important because it helps your bones absorb calcium. It’s important to know that kefir contains a special trio: vitamin D, K, and calcium – all three crucial elements to support bone health.
Prebiotics + Probiotics = a Healthy You
Prebiotics are non-living, non-digestible carbohydrates naturally found in a variety of foods. Your body actually can’t digest prebiotics, so they’re what probiotics feed off of to remain actively working in your digestive system. They help the digestive system by promoting the growth of good bacteria. Prebiotics and probiotics work together in balance to make sure our digestive system stays on track and regular. Research has found that consuming a variety of prebiotic and probiotic food sources may improve your body’s natural functions, including both your immune and digestive system.Servings: 4
- 1 Natural Kefir Cup
- 1 1/2 cups Plain Lowfat Kefir
- 1 avocado
- 10 basil, large leaves
- 3 tbsp dill, fresh
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 jalapeno
- 1/4 tsp lemon, zest
- 1/2 Lemon, juice
- 2 scallions
- 2 seedless cucumbers, large
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- Combine cucumbers, kefir cup, avocado, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, scallions, dill, basil, jalapeño, olive oil, and apple cider vinegar in a high powered blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and blend again to combine. Chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- To serve, top with thinly sliced cucumber, chopped fresh dill, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, and a drizzle of whole milk kefir.