Our green goddess potato salad is a vibrant and fresh take on the classic summer dish. With crisp veggies and lively herbs, each bite of this salad is tangy, bold, and earthy.
- 2 pounds small colored potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1½ teaspoons sea salt
- 1 cup green beans, trimmed
- 5 large hardboiled eggs
- 1 cup cucumber, thinly sliced
- ½ cup red onions, chopped
- ¼ cup chives, chopped
- black pepper
- ½ cup Plain Lowfat Kefir
- ½ cup Organic Natural Skyr
- ⅔ cup packed basil leaves
- ⅓ cup packed dill
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp fine sea or kosher salt
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (more if needed to taste)
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover with 2 inches of water. Add the 1½ teaspoons of salt, and place over high heat.
- Bring to a boil, then cook until the potatoes are tender, around 10 minutes.
- Add the green beans to the boiling water and simmer until bright green and crisp-tender, about 1 minute.
- Drain the green beans and rinse them with cool water to stop the cooking.
- Place the eggs in the saucepan and cover with an inch or two of cool water.
- Place over medium-high heat and bring to a rolling boil. Remove from the heat, cover, and let stand for 5-6 minutes.
- Drain the eggs and add ice and cool water to the pot to stop the cooking.
- Let stand 10 minutes, then peel and rinse the eggs and cut into halves or quarters.
- In a food processor, combine the herbs, garlic, salt, lemon, skyr, and kefir, and blend until just smooth. Adjust with extra salt and pepper as needed. In a food processor, combine the herbs, garlic, salt, lemon, skyr, and kefir, and blend until just smooth. Adjust with extra salt and pepper as needed.
Make the Salad
- Place the cooled potatoes in a large bowl.
- Add the green beans, cucumber, ½ cup of the dressing, and black pepper.
- Toss together gently to combine. Combine into the salad along with the chives, and more dressing or salt + pepper as needed.
- Add the eggs into the salad or place them on top of the salad. Serve immediately.