What’s shakin’ bacon? Not much, except that we’re loving our Maple Bacon Toast. It’s a slice of toasted sourdough bread with our probiotic farmer cheese, a few strips of juicy bacon, and fresh thyme on top. Prep the bacon by cooking it in a skillet with maple syrup, which adds vitamins and antioxidants to the toast. So good, it’s bacon us crazy!
Prebiotics are non-living, non-digestible carbohydrates naturally found in a variety of foods. Your body actually can’t digest prebiotics, so they’re what probiotics feed off of to remain actively working in your digestive system. They help the digestive system by promoting the growth of good bacteria. Prebiotics and probiotics work together in balance to make sure our digestive system stays on track and regular. Research has found that consuming a variety of prebiotic and probiotic food sources may improve your body’s natural functions, including both your immune and digestive system.
- 2-3 strips of bacon
- 2 slices of sourdough bread
- 1/4 cup Farmer Cheese
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- few springs of fresh thyme
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Toast sourdough bread with olive oil and set aside.
- Toss cooked bacon with maple syrup and set aside. You can even cook the bacon in the maple syrup.
- Mix cinnamon with farmer cheese and slather over the sourdough bread.
- Top the farmer cheese toast with maple bacon and fresh thyme sprigs. Enjoy!