Satisfy your craving with our Margherita Pizza Toast. Drizzle garlic-infused olive oil on a slice of sourdough bread, then top it with juicy tomatoes for Vitamin C, fresh basil for Vitamin K, and our farmer cheese for 12 live and active probiotic cultures. Did you know the Neapolitan pizza maker Raffaele Esposito created the margherita pizza to represent the Italian flag? The more you know! This toast is a healthy option with virtually zero grease, which means you’re winning on Toast Tuesday.
Prebiotics are non-living, non-digestible carbohydrates naturally found in a variety of foods. Your body actually can’t digest prebiotics, so they’re what probiotics feed off of to remain actively working in your digestive system. They help the digestive system by promoting the growth of good bacteria. Prebiotics and probiotics work together in balance to make sure our digestive system stays on track and regular. Research has found that consuming a variety of prebiotic and probiotic food sources may improve your body’s natural functions, including both your immune and digestive system.
- 1/4 cup Farmer Cheese
- 2 small tomatoes
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 2 sliced sourdough loaf
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt + pepper for taste
- Finely chop the garlic clove and add to the olive oil, set aside.
- Slice your bread to be about 1-1/2 inch thick and drizzle the garlic olive oil over each slice.
- Top your garlic bread with fresh tomatoes and dollops of farmer cheese. Place in a 350 degree oven till everything starts to become bubbly and golden.
- Top the pizza toast with fresh basil, salt, and pepper. Enjoy!