From garden to oven, our farmer cheese blackberry pizza is a creative way to use the abundance of berries you’ll pick (or pick up at the farmers market) this spring. Blackberries and farmer cheese are unexpected soulmates that come together beautifully on a bed of sourdough crust with a little fresh basil on top. Each slice is a reminder that magic happens when you try something new.
- 1 Sourdough Crust*
- 1 small package of fresh blackberries 6oz
- 1 cup Farmer Cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 5 basil leaves sliced into strips
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Rub the olive oil along the pizza crust. Smash half of the blackberries and spread out over the crust along with small tablespoons of Farmer Cheese.
- Top with mozzarella, parmesan cheese, and scatter remaining blackberries over the pizza.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until cheese starts to brown. Scatter basil leaves over the pizza during the last few minutes of baking.
- Drizzle the rest of the extra virgin olive oil over the pizza and enjoy!
- *We used Monteli organic sourdough crust from Trader Joes