Curry up and head to the supermarket! You’ll want to harvest the bounty of the produce section to make our Roasted Garden Salad with Curry Kefir Dressing. This recipe is an ode to vegetables, for their earthy flavor and grounding energy fuel our bodies and keep us healthy. We tossed this collection of kale, carrots, Brussels sprouts, quinoa, and avocado with a tangy curry kefir dressing that adds probiotics to this prebiotic-filled feast. Prep this salad tonight and celebrate #EarthDay tomorrow with a picnic in the park.
Cultured Dairy: The Nutrition Benefits You Actually Need to Know
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
Several studies have shown a strong association between the gut-brain-microbiota. Probiotics introduced to the gut have been found to support immunity, improve allergies, and improve digestion.
Studies have shown that reduced diversity of healthy gut bacteria during early years is associated with an increase in food allergies during school-age years. In addition, kefir made from whole fat milk helps absorb key nutrients such as Vitamins A, D, E, and K. Vitamin K is important because it helps your bones absorb calcium. It’s important to know that kefir contains a special trio: vitamin D, K, and calcium – all three crucial elements to support bone health.
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 cups brussels sprout, halved
- 4 cups kale, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 avocado
- 3/4 cup Plain Whole Milk Kefir
- 1 tbsp light mayo
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 garlic glove, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Toss carrots and brussel sprouts with olive oil and salt. Bake on a pan sheet till soft and caramelized, 30-45 mins. Once done, set aside to cool.
- Make your dressing by mixing everything together in a small bowl.
- Take your fresh kale and toss the leaves with the dressing. Coating the kale that is in the large salad bowl. Save some dressing to drizzle over the salad when done.
- Mix in your cooked quinoa with your kale and top the salad bowl with the roasted veggies and avocado slices. Take leftover dressing and drizzle on top. Enjoy!