Robin Plotnik’s Cacao Kefir Porridge is a special twist of kefir, quinoa, and Coach’s Oats cooked overnight in a crockpot. Not only is this breakfast easy to make, you’ll wake up to your home smelling of chocolate. Top with banana slices, kefir, and chocolate peanut butter.
• • •
Robin Plotnik is a certified nutritionist and personal trainer who has a passion for a healthy lifestyle. Through her Instagram (@WhatRobinEats) and website, Robin inspires her followers and readers to live a healthy lifestyle through fitness and eating food that’s sweet to the soul and healthy for the body. Follow her for more delicious breakfast recipes like this one.Servings: 6
- 4 tablespoons Organic Plain Whole Milk Kefir
- 1 and ½ cups Coach's Oats
- ½ cup quinoa
- 4 tablespoons Cacao Powder
- 5 cups water (or non-dairy milk)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- Banana slices, kefir (drinkable or cupped), and chocolate peanut butter to top
- Spray a medium-large crockpot with cooking spray (don’t forget this part!)
- Add ingredients and mix until everything is combined.
- Cooking on medium high for roughly 6 hours (or overnight).
- In the morning you’ll have to mix the entire serving, you can add a cup of water or kefir and 1 tablespoon vanilla whey powder so the consistency isn't as thick.
- Top with banana slices, kefir (drinkable or cupped), and chocolate peanut butter
- Store the leftovers in a big tupperware in the fridge for up to five days. Enjoy!
- You can also use our Chocolate Truffle or Madagascar Vanilla Low Fat Kefir for some extra sweetness.