Pour your favorite kefir flavor over a bowl of Chef Seamus Mullen’s Power Granola for a hearty, energizing breakfast that will give you the energy and nutrients you need to tackle an intense workout or a busy day.
- 1 cup Lifeway Organic Organic Plain Whole Milk Kefir
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats, or a mixture of rolled oats, kamut flakes and spelt flakes*
- ¼ cup raw honey
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ cup raw nuts (a mixture of cashews, macadamia and almonds works great)
- ½ cup ancient grains (red/black quinoa, teff, buckwheat groats and/or millet)
- ½ cup dried fruit (a mix of cranberries, pineapple, apricots and/or mango)
- Heat the oven to 250°F and line a sheet tray lined with parchment paper.
- In one bowl, combine the rolled oats mix, coconut flakes, chia seeds and nuts/grains. In another bowl, combine the honey and the coconut oil.
- Combine the contents of the two bowls together then spread the mixture in an even layer on the sheet tray, using more than one tray as needed.
- Place the tray in the oven and bake, stirring frequently, until the granola is evenly golden, about 45 minutes to an hour.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before mixing in dried fruit. Once completely cooled, store in an airtight container.
- To keep this recipe gluten-free, be sure to use only certified oats - kamut and spelt flakes both contain gluten.