As far as we’re concerned, it’s impossible to have too much Whipped Matcha, which is why our cup is overflowing. Matcha is abundant in antioxidants and when combined with our kefir’s 12 live and active probiotic cultures, it may aid in boosting your mood. Just five ingredients and a few minutes!
Kefir is an ancient healing superfood from the Caucasus Mountains that has provided microbiome support for over 2,000 years. It’s a probiotic-rich drink high in protein, calcium, and vitamin D. The probiotic cultures in our kefir and vegan Plantiful may help to support your gut health and immune system. 70-80% of the cells that make up the immune system are located in the gut, so nourishing it with probiotics may help keep it balanced and ready to fight off infection. The gut plays an integral role in protecting you against pathogens and viruses. Just as your skin protects you against foreign invaders on the outside, your gut lining protects you on the inside.
90% of serotonin, a hormone that affects mood, is produced by the cells in the gut. An unbalanced gut can trigger anxiety, depression, and mood swings, which can weaken your immune system. Research has shown that probiotic-rich foods decrease anxiety and boost mood. That makes kefir a great wellbeing tool because it contains 12 live and active probiotic cultures that aid in balancing your gut.
- ¼ Cup water
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 3 tbsp matcha
- 1 cup Madagascar Vanilla Lowfat Kefir
- Bring water and sugar to bowl on med/high heat, mix until sugar is completely dissolved. Once sugar is dissolved, bring heat down to low for 1-2 minutes. Take off heat.
- Whip egg whites in a standing mixer (you can use a hand mixer, but will take longer) on high until egg whites are frothy.
- Slowly pour in the water/sugar mixture while continuing to whip egg whites on high. Once egg mixture is white and has high peaks, pour in matcha and continue to mix until blended. Don’t over mix, or it will become watery.
- Pour choice of kefir (we used vanilla kefir) into a glass and top with matcha mix. Enjoy