Just in time for Cinco de Mayo, this healthy, but savory, take on a festive classic is sure to please! Add beans and rice for a heartier version.
- 1 cup Zesty Cilantro Lime Kefir Salad Dressing
- 1 lb fresh cod or mahi-mahi, cut into 3-4-inch fillets Plain Whole Milk Kefir
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- ½ medium red onion, sliced into thin half moons
- 1 Hass avocado, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1-2 limes, sliced into wedges
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Fresh cilantro, to garnish
- In a large bowl, combine romaine lettuce and purple cabbage. Pour ¼ cup of Zesty Cilantro Lime Kefir Salad Dressing into the bowl and toss to coat. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, oregano, onion powder, and a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Sprinkle the spice mixture over the fish fillets, rubbing it into the surface to ensure it coats well.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Add the fish fillets to the hot skillet and cook until firm and brown, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- To assemble, divide lettuce and cabbage mixture into four separate bowls. Divide the hot fish equally among the four bowls and top each with sliced onion, tomatoes, avocado and cilantro, if desired. Drizzle the remaining Zesty Cilantro Lime Kefir Salad Dressing and serve with lime wedges, more salt and pepper.
- Feel free to add rice, black beans, and/or corn for a heartier version!