Today’s breakfast is pudding us under a spell because this Butterscotch Pudding French Toast is pure magic. But there’s no wand here, just the rich divination of Lifeway Kefir. Our Plain Lifeway Kefir gives these French toast slices the perfect flavor and consistency. It’s an absolute delight, making a full-flavored plate that’s accented by honeycrisp apples and underlined by notes of sweet caramel.
Cultured Dairy: The Nutrition Benefits You Actually Need to Know
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
Several studies have shown a strong association between the gut-brain-microbiota. Probiotics introduced to the gut have been found to support immunity, improve allergies, and improve digestion.
Studies have shown that reduced diversity of healthy gut bacteria during early years is associated with an increase in food allergies during school age years. In addition, kefir made from whole fat milk helps absorb key nutrients such as Vitamins A, D, E, and K. Vitamin K is important because it helps your bones absorb calcium. It’s important to know that kefir contains a special trio: vitamin D, K, and calcium – all three crucial elements to support bone health.
Prebiotics + Probiotics = a Healthy You
Prebiotics are non-living, non-digestible carbohydrates naturally found in a variety of foods. Your body actually can’t digest prebiotics, so they’re what probiotics feed off of to remain actively working in your digestive system. They help the digestive system by promoting the growth of good bacteria. Prebiotics and probiotics work together in balance to make sure our digestive system stays on track and regular. Research has found that consuming a variety of prebiotic and probiotic food sources may improve your body’s natural functions, including both your immune and digestive systems.Prep Time: 25 mins Servings: 4-6
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup Organic Plain Whole Milk Kefir
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp honey
- 4 slices of thick bread of choice
- 2-3 honeycrisp apples, sliced
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Powdered sugar and syrup for topping.
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, boil brown sugar, water, and salt.
- Once it boils, cook for 3 minutes and remove from heat. Let cool slightly.
- In a food processor or blender, mix together brown sugar mixture and Lifeway Organic Whole Milk Plain Kefir. Add in egg and honey.
- On a baking sheet, lay down parchment paper. Lay slices of bread down, and spoon down the center creating a crater in the bread. Pour about 1/4 cup of the mixture in the center of the bread. Layer on sliced apples and sprinkle cinnamon.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes or until it is golden. top with maple syrup and sprinkle on powdered sugar and enjoy!