Pe-can’t get any more excited for this #ToastTuesday 🍞Our Protein-Packed Banana Nut Chocolate Chip French Toast #recipe is the perfect way to celebrate any gathering. Made with Organic Plain Whole Milk Kefir for a moist, light texture, and loaded with rich and buttery pecans, this #FrenchToast will load you up with #protein, calcium, magnesium, potassium, healthy fats, and #fiber. It’s a deliciously decadent way to start your day. Ready to bring your breakfast to the next level?
Your Gut Matters
Eating habits also play a role in mental health. Research has shown that probiotic-rich foods decrease anxiety and boost the mood. That makes kefir a great wellbeing tool because it contains 12 live and probiotic cultures. Psychiatrist James Greenblatt explained that “‘the gut is really your second brain. There are more neurons in the GI tract than anywhere else except the brain.’” As research continues to develop, it’s becoming more and more apparent that there is a link between the gut and the brain. What was once suspected as one-way communication (brain to gut) is now understood to be more of a two-way system. Thus, the health of our gut may directly impact the health of our minds.Servings: 8 servings
- 3/4 cup Organic Plain Whole Milk Kefir
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 6 large eggs plus 3 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 8 slices
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- In a large bowl combine the kefir, cream, eggs, yolks, and vanilla beat well and set aside.
- Arrange sliced bread in a large shallow bowl. Pour the liquid mixture over the bread.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). In a small saucepan over medium heat melt the butter. Remove from heat and whisk in the brown sugar, honey, maple syrup, and pecans.
- Spread this mixture evenly across the bottom of a small casserole dish. Carefully arrange the soaked bread on top. Bake for 35 minutes. Enjoy!