A peaceful weekend is a sip away. Our Calming Vanilla Kefir and Chamomile Smoothie is a harmonious blend of Madagascar Vanilla Low Fat Kefir, chamomile tea, and soaked cashews. Chamomile, the energetic embodiment of the sun, has been used by herbal witches to balance the body’s solar energy with the soul’s lunar pulse. This golden herb has been used as a talisman for centuries. It’s believed that when sprinkled around a home, chamomile keeps unwanted energies from passing through. Sprinkle chamomile buds in your bath to soothe the mind, invoke peaceful sleep, and cleanse the throat chakra.Servings: 1 - 2
- 1 cup Lifeway Vanilla Lowfat Kefir
- ½ cup strong chamomile tea
- ½ cup raw cashew, soaked (see notes)
- 1 banana, sliced and frozen
- 1 tsp honey
- Dash of cinnamon
- Add all of the ingredients into the pitcher of a high-powered blender. Blend on high until smooth, or until desired consistency is reached.
- Pour into one large or two smaller glasses and enjoy!
- If you have time, soak your cashews in cold water overnight. If you're in a pinch, place them in a large bowl and cover them with boiling water and let rest for one hour. Non-soaked cashews won't work in this recipe.