Newsflash: once you try our Chocolate Quinoa Breakfast Bowl, “skipping breakfast” will no longer be a phrase in your vocabulary. Settle into your morning with a mug of fresh-brewed coffee and a bowl packed with 29 grams of protein, antioxidant-rich blueberries, creamy coconut whole milk kefir, and cocoa-covered quinoa. In addition to its 8 grams of protein per serving, quinoa adds fiber and vitamins to this balanced bowl. Breakfast fuels you for the day and activates your digestive system. So wake up, smell the coffee (and kefir), and enjoy a gut-healthy morning meal.
- Quinoa contains 8g of protein per cup
- Hemp seeds contain 11g of protein per serving (3tbsp)
- Coconut and cream whole milk kefir contains 10g of protein per cup
Prebiotics + Probiotics = a Healthy You
Prebiotics are non-living, non-digestible carbohydrates naturally found in a variety of foods. Your body actually can’t digest prebiotics, so they’re what probiotics feed off of to remain actively working in your digestive system. They help the digestive system by promoting the growth of good bacteria. Prebiotics and probiotics work together in balance to make sure our digestive system stays on track and regular. Research has found that consuming a variety of prebiotic and probiotic food sources may improve your body’s natural functions, including both your immune and digestive system.
- 1 cup Coconut Whole Milk Kefir
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2-3 Tbsp maple syrup or coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3-4 small pieces of dark chocolate (roughly chopped)
- In a pan, medium heat, add coconut oil and cooked quinoa, allow for the quinoa to become toasted and turn to low heat as you add in the rest of the ingredients (besides the kefir) slowly mixing together till combined.
- Take off heat and pour in coconut whole milk kefir and stir. Spoon mixture into a bowl and top with coconut flakes, fresh fruit, and more kefir. You can serve this dish warm or cold.