Curry powder was created by British colonists to bring back home the flavors and vibrancy of India. This lush golden powder is a collection of spices like cumin, coriander, turmeric, ginger, dry mustard, fenugreek, and black pepper. Awaken your senses with our curry kefir spread, a bold yet welcoming paring our natural kefir cup and curry powder.
Turmeric contains curcumin, which is a compound that has been found to reduce swelling and inflammation. (This could be beneficial for digestive disorders such as irritable bowel syndrome, and ulcerative colitis.) Turmeric has a low bioavailability, which means that your body metabolizes it very quickly. Experts recommend pairing it with black pepper, which contains a natural substance called piperine that helps the body absorb the curcumin more slowly.
Other Benefits of Turmeric
- May help the pain of osteoarthritis.
- Can stimulate the gallbladder to produce bile, which may aid in digestion.
- May make your skin glow when used in your beauty regiment. Many companies are now using turmeric in their skincare lines.
- May help reduce the buildup of LDL/bad cholesterol in the arteries.
- Contains powerful antioxidants that may help prevent cancers.
- May help protect the brain.
Ginger: Interesting Facts
- It contains strong anti-inflammatory properties that have been shown to reduce swelling in joints.
- Has been used to treat bloating, gas, and other intestinal and digestive ailments.
- Helps soothe the stomach and alleviate nausea.
- Detoxifies the body by being high in antioxidants (higher than many berries). Ginger can help eliminate free radicals, which assists your liver with its detoxing responsibilities.
- As an essential oil, ginger may help alleviate nausea and vomiting in post-op abdominal surgery patients.
- 1 Natural Kefir Cup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- dash salt
- 2- 4 slices of whole wheat pita bread
- Mix the kefir with all the ingredients, besides the pita bread. Toast the bread till golden and use it as the canvas to this golden spread.