Our Farmer Cheese Stuffed Sweet Potatoes, seasoned with cozy autumn spices, is a warm and filling recipe that’s loaded with nutrients. Sweet potatoes are a superfood. They’re packed with vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin B6, and Manganese. Lifeway Farmer Cheese adds a dose of probiotics and protein. Our small-batch cheese is an incredibly versatile ingredient for all of your baking needs. Here, we purée the cheese with a mixture of maple syrup and cinnamon to give it a sweet and festive flavor.
Cultured Dairy: The Nutrition Benefits You Actually Need to Know
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
Several studies have shown a strong association between the gut-brain-microbiota. Probiotics introduced to the gut have been found to support immunity, improve allergies, and improve digestion.
Studies have shown that reduced diversity of healthy gut bacteria during early years is associated with an increase in food allergies during school age years. In addition, kefir made from whole fat milk helps absorb key nutrients such as Vitamins A, D, E, and K. Vitamin K is important because it helps your bones absorb calcium. It’s important to know that kefir contains a special trio: vitamin D, K, and calcium – all three crucial elements to support bone health.
Prebiotics + Probiotics = a Healthy You
Prebiotics are non-living, non-digestible carbohydrates naturally found in a variety of foods. Your body actually can’t digest prebiotics, so they’re what probiotics feed off of to remain actively working in your digestive system. They help the digestive system by promoting the growth of good bacteria. Prebiotics and probiotics work together in balance to make sure our digestive system stays on track and regular. Research has found that consuming a variety of prebiotic and probiotic food sources may improve your body’s natural functions, including both your immune and digestive system.Prep Time: 25 mins Servings: 2
- 1 cup puréed Farmer Cheese
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 sweet potatoes
- handful of walnuts
- 2 tbsp. of hemp seeds
- ¼ tsp. each of cinnamon and nutmeg
- additional toppings: 1-2 tbsp local honey
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prepare sweet potatoes by piercing each sweet potato with a fork a few times. Place them on a baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Once done, cut the sweet potatoes in half and let cool slightly.
- Prepare the farmer cheese by adding it to a food processor, along with the maple syrup, and cinnamon. Blend until smooth.
- Using a fork, slightly separate the flesh from the skin of the potato. Even distribute the farmer cheese mixture and the other toppings among the sweet potato halves.
- Mix together and serve.