Sweet potatoes are divine veggies that grace our plates in all different ways. These beauties range in color from orange, yellow, and purple. From a prepped meal to a post-workout snack, sweet potatoes are full of flavor and all things good for you. These sweet potato toasts bring out the best of their sweetness while bringing in some of your favorite earthy and savory flavors. The Avocado dip that is layered over the sweet potatoes will be a staple in each of your dishes going forward. Who knew our Farmer Cheese is the perfect pairing with the combination we put together for you. This toast is truly a show stopper!
Cultured Dairy: The Nutrition Benefits You Actually Need to Know
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
Several studies have shown a strong association between the gut-brain-microbiota. Probiotics introduced to the gut have been found to support immunity, improve allergies, and improve digestion.
Studies have shown that reduced diversity of healthy gut bacteria during early years is associated with an increase in food allergies during school-age years. In addition, kefir made from whole fat milk helps absorb key nutrients such as Vitamins A, D, E, and K. Vitamin K is important because it helps your bones absorb calcium. It’s important to know that kefir contains a special trio: vitamin D, K, and calcium – all three crucial elements to support bone health.
- Avocado Kefir Dip Directions:
- Place 1 ripe avocado, kefir, cilantro, minced garlic, cumin, lime juice, salt and pepper to taste, and Sriracha in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Slice the sweet potato lengthwise with the skin on. They should be approximately 1 centimeter thick and provide 4-5 slices
- Spray slices with olive oil spray and season with salt and pepper
- Place sweet potato slices on a lined baking tray and put in the oven for 12-15 minutes. They should be fork tender however not too soft.
- Allow potato slices to rest on a wire rack for a couple of minutes to avoid them becoming soggy
- Over medium heat, add a drizzle of olive oil and add sliced red onions. Sautee until soft to touch.
- Top with avocado kefir dip and sliced red onion, avocado slices, red pepper flakes, and crumbles of farmer cheese.