Our Garden Hummus Toast is bright, beautiful, and so yummy! We’re pretty sure this is going to be your new go-to snack. To make your own, spread a thick layer of farmer cheese and hummus on a slice of toasted sourdough bread, then top with chopped garlic, vine-ripened tomatoes (PRO TIP: roast in the air fryer), and a sprinkling of sea salt and pepper. Hummus is a great source of dietary fiber for a healthy digestive system, as well as plant-based protein for lean muscle tissue. Garlic may support immune health with vitamin C, vitamin B6, and manganese. Tomatoes are a good source of vitamin C, potassium, vitamin K, and folate. Farmer Cheese is a tart and tangy Eastern European style soft cheese that has 13 grams of protein per serving and 12 live and active probiotic cultures, which may support a balanced gut microbiome. One taste and you’ll exclaim, “I love this toast from my head tomatoes!”
Prebiotics + Probiotics = a Healthy You
Prebiotics are non-living, non-digestible carbohydrates naturally found in a variety of foods. Your body actually can’t digest prebiotics, so they’re what probiotics feed off of to remain actively working in your digestive system. They help the digestive system by promoting the growth of good bacteria. Prebiotics and probiotics work together in balance to make sure our digestive system stays on track and regular. Research has found that consuming a variety of prebiotic and probiotic food sources may improve your body’s natural functions, including both your immune and digestive system.
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
Several studies have shown a strong association between the gut-brain-microbiota. Probiotics introduced to the gut have been found to support immunity, improve allergies, and improve digestion.Servings: 2
- 2 vines of cherry tomatoes
- 1 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Farmer Cheese
- 2 slices crusty sourdough bread
- salt & ground black pepper
Roasted Garlic Hummus
- 1/2 cup Organic Plain Whole Milk Kefir
- 2 tbsp Farmer Cheese
- 2 tablespoons of tahini
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 can chickpeas
- 3–5 roasted garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt (more for taste)
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- Heat your air fryer 400 degrees.
- Place your vine tomatoes into an air fryer and drizzle them with the balsamic mixture (garlic, balsamic, olive oil) and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Roast in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, or until blistering and soft.
- Roasted Garlic Hummus: combine all ingredients into a food processor and blend until creamy.
- Toast bread and slather with farmer cheese and garlic hummus. Top with roasted tomatoes and leftover balsamic mixture.