Peach better have my honey! Our Grilled Peaches Frozen Kefir with a drizzle of Mike’s Hot Honey is the perfect balance of sweetness and heat for your taste buds. This no-churn recipe is slightly smoky from the grilled peaches and tangy from our peach whole milk kefir, making every spoonful taste like summer! Are you going to try it?
Cultured Dairy: The Nutrition Benefits You Actually Need to Know
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
Several studies have shown a strong association between the gut-brain-microbiota. Probiotics introduced to the gut have been found to support immunity, improve allergies, and improve digestion.
Studies have shown that reduced diversity of healthy gut bacteria during early years is associated with an increase in food allergies during school-age years. In addition, kefir made from whole fat milk helps absorb key nutrients such as Vitamins A, D, E, and K. Vitamin K is important because it helps your bones absorb calcium. It’s important to know that kefir contains a special trio: vitamin D, K, and calcium – all three crucial elements to support bone health.Servings: 4-6
- 3 cups Peach Whole Milk Kefir
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 cups of grilled peaches
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- top with Mike's Hot Honey's
- Quarter the peaches by cutting all the way around from top to bottom. Remove the pit. Cut the halves in half again.
- Lightly coat the grilling surface with cooking oil. Place the peach quarters on the grill flesh side down over medium-high heat. After a minute or two, turn the slices about 45 degrees and cook a minute or two more. Flip the peach quarters to the other fleshy side and repeat the grilling process. Let it cool before taking the next steps below.
- In a blender mix together all the ingredients. Blend until smooth (do not blend long, just until peaches are broken down).
- Pour the blended mixture into a shallow container. Cover and freeze until firm, about 4-5 hours.
- Scoop into a bowl or cone and top with Mike's Hot Honey's and enjoy!
- ** Tip** Take out before completely frozen for best results.