Want to have a great morning tomorrow? Prep our Hibiscus Pear Overnight Oats tonight. This recipe is packed with fiber, probiotics, and protein for a spoon-worthy breakfast! With the floral notes of hibiscus, the sweetness of pear, and the tanginess of kefir, every mouthful is a symphony of summer flavors.
Cultured Dairy: The Nutrition Benefits You Actually Need to Know
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
Several studies have shown a strong association between the gut-brain-microbiota. Probiotics introduced to the gut have been found to support immunity, improve allergies, and improve digestion.
Studies have shown that reduced diversity of healthy gut bacteria during early years is associated with an increase in food allergies during school-age years. In addition, kefir made from whole fat milk helps absorb key nutrients such as Vitamins A, D, E, and K. Vitamin K is important because it helps your bones absorb calcium. It’s important to know that kefir contains a special trio: vitamin D, K, and calcium – all three crucial elements to support bone health.
Hibiscus Poached Pear
- juice of 1/4 lemon
- 2 firm pears, cut in half, core removed
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise (or 1 small chunk of fresh ginger)
- 2 hibiscus tea bags
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cup Vanilla Whole Milk Kefir
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Hibiscus Poached Pear: Squeeze lemon juice over pears to prevent browning. Add remaining ingredients into a medium, shallow pot or skillet over medium heat. Sit pears in mixture with the cut side face down. The juice should cover around half the pears.
- Cook for about 40 minutes until juice reduces and pear flesh begins to color. Serve warm or cold with kefir overnight oats.
- Overnight Oats: Soak oats overnight in kefir. in the morning, top with granola, nuts, and poached pears.