Happy #StPatricksDay! We’re celebrating with an amazing #recipe for #Irish Bread Pudding and Tahini Caramel Sauce. Bread pudding comes with a rich history. Back in the 11th century, cooks were looking for new and innovative ways to minimize waste. They realized that their leftover bread could be quite tasty and developed this mouthwatering dessert. Our version of Irish Bread Pudding swaps out the heavy cream for Lifeway Whole Milk Plain Kefir. Our certified #organic Lifeway Whole Milk Kefir is rich and creamy and it gives this dessert the perfect consistency.
We cap the bread pudding with a thick and a gratifyingly gooey Tahini Caramel Sauce, which is mixed with our Lifeway Kefir and our #protein-rich Lifeway Farmer Cheese for a scrumptiously sweet taste. The sauce is rounded out by #tahini and a touch of Irish Whiskey to give it a little bite. Visit the link in our bio and let the shenanigans begin. ☘️
Cultured Dairy: The Nutrition Benefits You Actually Need to Know
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
Several studies have shown a strong association between the gut-brain-microbiota. Probiotics introduced to the gut have been found to support immunity, improve allergies, and improve digestion.
Studies have shown that reduced diversity of healthy gut bacteria during early years is associated with an increase in food allergies during school-age years. In addition, kefir made from whole fat milk helps absorb key nutrients such as Vitamins A, D, E, and K. Vitamin K is important because it helps your bones absorb calcium. It’s important to know that kefir contains a special trio: vitamin D, K, and calcium – all three crucial elements to support bone health.Prep Time: 45 mins Servings: 5-6
- FOR THE BREAD PUDDING
- 3/4 cup Organic Plain Whole Milk Kefir
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 12 ounce can evaporated milk
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup Irish Whiskey Tahini Caramel Sauce
- 10 cups cubed French bread
- 1/2 cup raisins
- cinnamon and cane sugar for topping
- FOR THE TAHINI-CARAMEL SAUCE
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 1 ounce cream cheese
- 1 ounce Farmer Cheese
- 1/4 cup Irish Whiskey
- 1/4 cup Organic Plain Whole Milk Kefir
- 1/4 cup tahini
- Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir until the sugar completely dissolves.
- Stop stirring and allow to simmer until mixture is golden (about 17 minutes). DO NOT STIR!
- Remove from heat.
- Carefully add butter and cream cheese, farmer cheese, tahini, whisking constantly until all clumps are dissolved. Mixture will be very hot and can bubble up during this time.
- Stir in whiskey and kefir. Mixture will bubble a bit at this step as well. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- If using a casserole dish, spray with nonstick spray, or spray each ramekin with nonstick spray, there will be enough for 6 ramekins.
- Combine Whole Milk Plain Kefir, sugar, vanilla extract, evaporated milk, eggs, and 2/3 cup caramel whiskey sauce in a large bowl. Stir well with a whisk.
- Add bread cubes, using a spatula to push down and make sure each piece of bread is coated.
- Cover and allow to sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to soak up all the goodness.
- Pour bread mixture into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated well with cooking spray, or into approximately 6 prepared ramekins.
- Sprinkle top with raisins
- Bake at 350F for 35 minutes or until set.
- Serve warm with more caramel-whiskey sauce.