Get a head start on July 4th prep by making these Kefir Cheesecake Shots. They’re a fun, festive snack, plus they’re so easy to make. Start with a red raspberry puree on the bottom of the cup. Then layer on a white, fluffy mixture of cream cheese, vanilla extract, sugar, and our probiotic vanilla kefir, then top with a handful of fresh blueberries. A spoonful of each layer is a little sweet and a little tart. It’s the perfect flavor combination to celebrate America’s Independence Day. BONUS: for the adult version, mix Prosecco into the puree!
Prebiotics + Probiotics = a Healthy You
Prebiotics are non-living, non-digestible carbohydrates naturally found in a variety of foods. Your body actually can’t digest prebiotics, so they’re what probiotics feed off of to remain actively working in your digestive system. They help the digestive system by promoting the growth of good bacteria. Prebiotics and probiotics work together in balance to make sure our digestive system stays on track and regular. Research has found that consuming a variety of prebiotic and probiotic food sources may improve your body’s natural functions, including both your immune and digestive system.Servings: 4
- handful of blueberries (topping)
- 3 cups raspberries
- 2 tbsp Prosecco (optional)
- 2 cups Vanilla Lowfat Kefir
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 12 oz cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Puree raspberries with Prosecco and layer on the bottom of your cup (Prosecco is optional)
- In standing mixer (or hand mixer) with whisk attachment blend together sugar and kefir and mix until fluffy (about 5 mins) if it doesn't fluff up like you are liking, proceed to next step and turn mixer to medium low.
- Add in cream cheese and vanilla extract and mix until fluffy
- Spoon mixture into a pastry bag and layer on top of the raspberry puree
- Top with blueberries and enjoy