Light, sweet and a hint of tartness, our mini raw cheesecakes are easy to make and store in the freezer for when those cravings hit!
Not Just Oat Milk: Cultured Oat Milk Benefits to Know
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
Several studies have shown a strong association between the gut-brain-microbiota. Probiotics introduced to the gut have been found to support immunity, improve allergies, and improve digestion.
Studies have shown that reduced diversity of healthy gut bacteria during early years is associated with an increase in food allergies during school age years. In addition, a combination of fiber and probiotics are even more beneficial for the gut, immune system, and for brain health due to the way this combination strengthens the microbiome, the powerhouse system of your entire health. This is where Lifeway Oat is so beneficial since it is an organic, cultured oat milk beyond just another standard oat milk. Lifeway Oat contains both fiber and probiotics to help support a healthier body and brain, which means an overall healthier you.[a]
Prebiotics + Probiotics = a Healthy You
Prebiotics are non-living, non-digestible carbohydrates that are a source of fiber that are naturally found in a variety of plant foods[b]. Your body actually can’t digest prebiotics, so they’re what probiotics feed off of to remain actively working in your digestive system. They help the digestive system by promoting the growth of good bacteria. Prebiotics and probiotics work together in balance to make sure our digestive system stays on track and regular. Research has found that consuming a variety of prebiotic and probiotic food sources may improve your body’s natural functions, including both your immune and digestive system. Lifeway Oat contains both these prebiotics and probiotics for optimal gut and brain health.
- 1 cup almonds
- 1¼ cup Medjool dates (remove pits)
- 1½ cup raw cashews, soaked (4-6 hours is best or use boiling water and soak for 20 minutes)
- ½ cup Vanilla Oat
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1 vanilla bean (slice open and use the paste)
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 3 tsp earl grey moonlight
- Add cupcake liners to a cupcake pan.
- Blend almonds and dates together and use as the base to your cupcake sleeves. Pressing the mixture to measure 1/2 an inch.
- Blend the filling ingredients together and pour evenly over the crusted cupcake sleeves.
- Place mini cheesecakes in the freezer for at least 2 hours to set.
- Garnish with lavender buds + lemon zest.