Start the day off strong with our Lemon Farmer Cheese Pancakes. They’re the muscle-building breakfast choice with over 12 grams of protein per pancake! We made a protein-rich batter with our farmer cheese, kefir, flour, and more. Folding in some floral lemon zest and sweet vanilla extract to complement the burst of freshness organic blueberries. Stacked with flavor and nutritional benefits, make these pancakes part of your breakfast spread.
Cultured Dairy: The Nutrition Benefits You Actually Need to Know
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
Several studies have shown a strong association between the gut-brain-microbiota. Probiotics introduced to the gut have been found to support immunity, improve allergies, and improve digestion.
Studies have shown that reduced diversity of healthy gut bacteria during early years is associated with an increase in food allergies during school-age years. In addition, kefir made from whole fat milk helps absorb key nutrients such as Vitamins A, D, E, and K. Vitamin K is important because it helps your bones absorb calcium. It’s important to know that kefir contains a special trio: vitamin D, K, and calcium – all three crucial elements to support bone health.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt) until combined.
- In another medium mixing bow, whisk together Kefir, Farmer Cheese, eggs, and vanilla until blended.
- Add in butter, lemon zest and juice to kefir mixture and blend until combined.
- Pour wet mixture into the dry mixture and whisk until just combined.
- Over medium heat, pour 1/3 cup batter onto buttered griddle or skillet and cook until bubbles begin to appear on surface and bottom is golden brown. Flip and cook until golden brown.
- Serve with blueberries, blueberry jam, maple syrup, and extra lemon zest.