Start the day off strong with our Superfood Quinoa Pancakes. They’re the muscle-building breakfast choice with over 12 grams of protein per pancake! We made a protein-rich batter with our farmer cheese, kefir, wheat flour, eggs, and cooked quinoa. Folding in some floral lemon zest and sweet vanilla extract to complement the burst of freshness from mint and organic blueberries. Stacked with flavor and nutritional benefits, make these pancakes part of your breakfast spread.
Cultured Dairy: The Nutrition Benefits You Actually Need to Know
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
Several studies have shown a strong association between the gut-brain-microbiota. Probiotics introduced to the gut have been found to support immunity, improve allergies, and improve digestion.
Studies have shown that reduced diversity of healthy gut bacteria during early years is associated with an increase in food allergies during school-age years. In addition, kefir made from whole fat milk helps absorb key nutrients such as Vitamins A, D, E, and K. Vitamin K is important because it helps your bones absorb calcium. It’s important to know that kefir contains a special trio: vitamin D, K, and calcium – all three crucial elements to support bone health.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1 cup Organic Plain Whole Milk Kefir
- 1 cup Farmer Cheese
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 2 tbsp fresh juice
- 1 cup cooked and cooled quinoa
- unsalted butter
- fresh blueberries, garnish
- fresh mint & lemon zest, garnish
- Whisk together all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a large bowl; set aside. Whisk together egg yolks, kefir, farmer cheese, maple syrup, vanilla, and lemon zest, and juice in a medium bowl. Whisk egg yolk mixture into flour mixture until just combined. Fold in quinoa.
- Beat egg whites with an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment on medium speed until stiff peaks form, 1 to 2 minutes. Fold egg whites into quinoa mixture in 2 additions until just combined.
- Heat a skillet over medium-low heat. Lightly grease the pan with butter or coconut oil. Working in batches, spoon batter onto the griddle. Cook until sides look set and the bottom is golden brown. Flip and cook until golden brown and cooked through.
- Top pancakes with maple syrup, fresh blueberries, mint, and lemon zest!