When the kids can’t decide between pancakes and cereal for breakfast, compromise by making Pancake Cereal. It’s easy to prep, made with kefir, and so much fun to eat. Our batter is made from three simple ingredients: pancake mix, plain kefir, and an egg. Prep by squeezing the batter into coin-sized circles on a greased pan. Once the mini pancakes reach a golden brown color, flip them on the other side. Adding kefir to the batter gives each mini pancake a fluffy, cloud-like consistency. We topped our bowl with berries, butter, and maple syrup, but don’t be afraid to get creative and decorate your pancake cereal with toppings of your choosing. The possibilities are endless!
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill Pancake Mix
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup Plain Lowfat Kefir
- Follow instructions on pancake mix.
- Place mix into a squirt container and pour out about a tablespoon size of pancake mix onto a lightly greased pan or griddle on medium heat.
- Cook on each side about 2-3 minutes each.
- Place in bowl with fruit of your choice, butter, and syrup.