Sometimes we like to ham it up. This #ToastTuesday, we’re combining a few thin strips of prosciutto with crunchy, baked asparagus and serving it over a blanket of Lifeway Farmer Cheese on a toasted croissant. The Lifeway Farmer Cheese boosts this #recipe by loading it with #protein and #probiotics, so your bones, muscles, and gut are left happy. The soft, mild taste of the tangy Lifeway Farmer Cheese, lightly seasoned and combined with the flavorful prosciutto and earthy veggies, creates a deliciously complex blend that magnificently balances sweet and savory.
Cultured Dairy: The Nutrition Benefits You Actually Need to Know
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
Several studies have shown a strong association between the gut-brain-microbiota. Probiotics introduced to the gut have been found to support immunity, improve allergies, and improve digestion.
Studies have shown that reduced diversity of healthy gut bacteria during early years is associated with an increase in food allergies during school-age years. In addition, kefir made from whole fat milk helps absorb key nutrients such as Vitamins A, D, E, and K. Vitamin K is important because it helps your bones absorb calcium. It’s important to know that kefir contains a special trio: vitamin D, K, and calcium – all three crucial elements to support bone health.
- 3 oz Prosciutto
- 1 large bunch Asparagus, thin
- 1 Basil leaves and thyme, fresh
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1 Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 pinch Red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 6 tbsp Olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 package of Croissants
- 1-2 Cups Farmer Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- On a baking sheet, toss asparagus and garlic with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Drape prosciutto over asparagus and bake at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix together honey, vinegar, and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Toast the bottom of the croissant, add a layer of Farmer Cheese, bakes asparagus and prosciutto, and top with honey mix.