Be the weekend potluck superstar with these Puff Pastry Spinach and Farmer Cheese Rolls! They’re made by combining the creamy coolness of Lifeway Farmer Cheese with the earthy flavor of cooked spinach, all rolled into a light and crispy puff pastry. Every bite of this fantastic finger food is a rich and savory blend of flavors that will leave you craving more.
Cultured Dairy: The Nutrition Benefits You Actually Need to Know
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
Several studies have shown a strong association between the gut-brain-microbiota. Probiotics introduced to the gut have been found to support immunity, improve allergies, and improve digestion.
Studies have shown that reduced diversity of healthy gut bacteria during early years is associated with an increase in food allergies during school-age years. In addition, kefir made from whole milk helps absorb key nutrients such as Vitamins A, D, E, and K. Vitamin K is important because it helps your bones absorb calcium. It’s important to know that kefir contains a special trio: vitamin D, K, and calcium – all three crucial elements to support bone health.
Prebiotics + Probiotics = a Healthy You
Prebiotics are non-living, non-digestible carbohydrates naturally found in a variety of foods. Your body actually can’t digest prebiotics, so they’re what probiotics feed off of to remain actively working in your digestive system. They help the digestive system by promoting the growth of good bacteria. Prebiotics and probiotics work together in balance to make sure our digestive system stays on track and regular. Research has found that consuming a variety of prebiotic and probiotic food sources may improve your body’s natural functions, including both your immune and digestive systems.Prep Time: 25 mins Servings: 10-12
- 2 cups Farmer Cheese
- 2 cups cooked spinach
- 1 cup grated or powdered Parmesan cheese
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 puff pastry sheets
- 2 beaten eggs for an egg wash
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- In a bowl, mix together Lifeway Farmer Cheese, Parmesan, cooked spinach, and beaten egg until well incorporated.
- Lay out puff pastry (should fill two separate sheets), and spread the farmer cheese spinach mixture over it all.
- Roll up the puff pastry and slice into three different rolls.
- Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes, and then add an egg wash over each roll, topping with sesame seeds.
- Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes, or until the pastry is browned and cooked through. Allow time to cool and enjoy!