Quick and easy to prepare, this colorful Red, White, & Blue Salad is a must-have at your #MemorialDay cookout! The earthy flavor of spinach pairs perfectly with sweet berries and the creamy tanginess of our Poppy Seed Dressing.
Prebiotics + Probiotics = a Healthy You
Prebiotics are non-living, non-digestible carbohydrates naturally found in a variety of foods. Your body actually can’t digest prebiotics, so they’re what probiotics feed off of to remain actively working in your digestive system. They help the digestive system by promoting the growth of good bacteria. Prebiotics and probiotics work together in balance to make sure our digestive system stays on track and regular. Research has found that consuming a variety of prebiotic and probiotic food sources may improve your body’s natural functions, including both your immune and digestive system.Servings: 5-6 servings
- ½ cup Farmer Cheese
- 5-6 cups spinach leaves
- ½ cup sliced strawberries
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup Organic Plain Whole Milk Kefir
- 2 Tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp poppy seeds
- Juice of one lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix all of the salad ingredients together in a big mixing bowl.
- For the dressing, toss all ingredients in a small mason jar, shake it up, and store in the fridge until ready to be poured onto the salad
- When ready to eat, pour the poppy seed vinaigrette onto salad portions.
- Adjust the amounts of each ingredient for how many people you are serving and your own preferences.