We guaran-tea you’ll have a lovely Smoothie Saturday if you try our Vanilla Strawberry Boba Tea recipe. Made with vanilla black tea, strawberry whole milk kefir, fresh strawberries, and some tapioca pearls, this cafe classic is now probiotic and packed with protein and vitamin D. Learn how you can make this tea-riffic blend at home by scrolling down.
Cultured Dairy: The Nutrition Benefits You Actually Need to Know
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
Several studies have shown a strong association between the gut-brain-microbiota. Probiotics introduced to the gut have been found to support immunity, improve allergies, and improve digestion.
Studies have shown that reduced diversity of healthy gut bacteria during early years is associated with an increase in food allergies during school-age years. In addition, kefir made from whole fat milk helps absorb key nutrients such as Vitamins A, D, E, and K. Vitamin K is important because it helps your bones absorb calcium. It’s important to know that kefir contains a special trio: vitamin D, K, and calcium – all three crucial elements to support bone health.Servings: 1 - 2
- 3 bags vanilla black
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 cups Strawberry Whole Milk Kefir
- handful of fresh strawberries for garnish
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking tapioca pearls
- 2-4 tbsp maple syrup
- Steep the tea bags in water for at least 5-10 minutes for a strong tea.
- While the tea is steeping prepare the boba according to package directions on the stovetop.
- Remove the boba from the pot using a spoon and transfer to a bowl with about 2-4 tbsp of maple syrup.
- Spoon cooked tapioca pearls into serving glasses. Pour 1/4 cup vanilla black tea into each and topped with 1/2 cup of strawberry whole milk kefir. Add ice if desired. Enjoy with a fat reusable straw or spoon.