This is nacho average dish. Pop your hatchback 🚗 and crack open a bottle of kefir because this recipe will put you on the road to a successful tailgate party. Our Vegetarian Tailgating Nachos plate is loaded with protein and probiotics thanks to Lifeway Farmer Cheese. The fresh flavor of our cultured cheese mixes wonderfully with vegan chili, salsa, guacamole, and shredded cheddar cheese. So check out the recipe below before your next football game, festival, or concert.
Cultured Dairy: The Nutrition Benefits You Actually Need to Know
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
Several studies have shown a strong association between the gut-brain-microbiota. Probiotics introduced to the gut have been found to support immunity, improve allergies, and improve digestion.
Studies have shown that reduced diversity of healthy gut bacteria during early years is associated with an increase in food allergies during school-age years. In addition, kefir made from whole fat milk helps absorb key nutrients such as Vitamins A, D, E, and K. Vitamin K is important because it helps your bones absorb calcium. It’s important to know that kefir contains a special trio: vitamin D, K, and calcium – all three crucial elements to support bone health. Lifeway Farmer Cheese is also a great source of all these nutrients, just in a different format for all the cheese lovers out there.
Prebiotics + Probiotics = A Healthier You
Prebiotics are non-living, non-digestible carbohydrates naturally found in a variety of fiber-rich plant foods. Your body actually can’t digest prebiotics, so they’re what probiotics feed off of to remain actively working in your digestive system. They help the digestive system by promoting the growth of good bacteria. Prebiotics and probiotics work together in balance to make sure our digestive system stays on track and regular. Research has found that consuming a variety of prebiotic and probiotic food sources may improve your body’s natural functions, including both your immune and digestive systems.Prep Time: 15 mins Servings: 4-6
- Non Stick aluminum foil/parchment paper and a large size baking sheet
- 1 bag Blue Corn Tortilla Chips (12–14 oz)
- 2 cups organic vegan canned chili of choice (we used Amy's Kitchen brand - Eden Foods Organic is also good)
- 2 cups shredded low-fat organic cheddar cheese (or vegan cheese shreds)
- 1 cup chunky mild salsa (about 8 oz.)
- 1 cup, blended until smooth Farmer Cheese
- 1 (8 oz.) package of guacamole or homemade
- ¼ cup jalapeño slices
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line the baking sheet with foil (or parchment paper Spread the tortilla chips in an even layer on the baking sheet; top evenly with vegan chili and cheddar cheese. Bake 12–15 minutes until cheese is melted and chili feels warm to the touch.
- Blend down the Lifeway Farmer Cheese in a blender or small food processor until completely smooth (texture of sour cream).
- 2 cups organic Top nachos with salsa, Farmer Cheese, guacamole, and jalapeño slices, if using, and any other options you want. Serve and enjoy! canned chili of choice (we used Amy's Kitchen brand - Eden Foods Organic is also good)