Spice up your morning with this Spiced Apple Kefir Smoothie! It’s a perfect treat for those crisp autumn days. Feel free to skip the maple syrup for a healthier treat!
- 1¼ cups Lifeway Apple Pear Cobbler Perfect 12 Kefir
- 2 medium apples
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced and frozen
- ½ cup ice cubes
- ⅛ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ Tbsp. maple syrup*
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of ginger
- Cut apples into quarters and remove the cores. You can leave the skins on, if you’re using a high-powered blender. This would be preferable because there are a lot of nutrients and fiber in the peels. However, if you're using a regular blender, we advise you peel the apple before blending.
- Add all of the ingredients to the pitcher of a high-powered blender. Blend on high until smooth, or until desired consistency is reached.
- *The maple syrup is completely optional, depending on level of sweetness desired. If you like your smoothies more tart, skip this.