🍓Strawberry cheese forever! Get ready for a sweet flavor combination this #ToastTuesday. We’re topping our bagels with a mix of homemade strawberry jam and whipped smooth Farmer Cheese. These two flavors complement one another so well, bringing out the strawberries’ fresh fruity taste with notes of delicate acidity and the Farmer Cheese’s soft, buttery undercurrent. What’s more, strawberries are rich in antioxidants, and our Farmer Cheese is packed with #probiotics and #protein, making this spread a better bagel option than your typical cream cheese.
Cultured Dairy: The Nutrition Benefits You Actually Need to Know
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
Several studies have shown a strong association between the gut-brain-microbiota. Probiotics introduced to the gut have been found to support immunity, improve allergies, and improve digestion.
Studies have shown that reduced diversity of healthy gut bacteria during early years is associated with an increase in food allergies during school-age years. In addition, kefir made from whole fat milk helps absorb key nutrients such as Vitamins A, D, E, and K. Vitamin K is important because it helps your bones absorb calcium. It’s important to know that kefir contains a special trio: vitamin D, K, and calcium – all three crucial elements to support bone health.Prep Time: 10 mins Servings: 5-6
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup, pure
- 1/3 cup Cane sugar, organic
- 4 cups Farmer Cheese
- Place the berries, sugar, and maple syrup in a saucepan, and cook on medium-low heat for about 10-15 minutes, gently smashing down the berries as the mixture cooks. Allow the mixture to simmer for an additional 10 minutes until thick and jammy. Place in fridge until french toast is ready.
- In a medium bowl with a hand mixer, whip down the farmer cheese until creamy. Fold in the cooled strawberry jam.
- Toast favorite bagel and top with farmer cheese mix and enjoy!
- **Jar the farmer cheese/strawberry jam for every day use!