C’est délicieux ! This #ToastTuesday we’re serving up a berry good 🍓#recipe for mouthwatering Berry French Toast. We use Blueberry #Kefir to boost the batter with 10 grams of protein per serving and 12 live and active probiotic cultures for a healthy gut. These golden-brown delights are topped with a sautéed mixture of succulent berries. High in fiber, vitamin C and antioxidants, berries are some of the healthiest foods you can eat. A perfect combination of crispy and gooey, sweet and savory, our Berry French Toast will make breakfast time the bestest time. Recipe link in bio #EatTheRainbow
Cultured Dairy: The Nutrition Benefits You Actually Need to Know
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
Several studies have shown a strong association between the gut-brain-microbiota. Probiotics introduced to the gut have been found to support immunity, improve allergies, and improve digestion.
Studies have shown that reduced diversity of healthy gut bacteria during early years is associated with an increase in food allergies during school-age years. In addition, kefir made from whole fat milk helps absorb key nutrients such as Vitamins A, D, E, and K. Vitamin K is important because it helps your bones absorb calcium. It’s important to know that kefir contains a special trio: vitamin D, K, and calcium – all three crucial elements to support bone health.Prep Time: 10 mins Servings: 2-3
- 1 1/2 cups Berries, mixed fresh or frozen and defrosted
- 1 Coconut oil
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup, pure
- 1/3 cup Cane sugar, organic
- 1/4 cup Chickpea flour
- 1 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 2 1/2 tbsp Nutritional yeast
- 8 slices Bread such as country white bread, crusty
- 2 tbsp Orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 1/2 cups Blueberry Lowfat Kefir
- Place the berries, sugar, and orange juice in a saucepan, and cook on medium-low heat for about 10-15 minutes, gently smashing down the berries as the mixture cooks. Allow the mixture to simmer for an additional 10 minutes until thick and jammy. Place in fridge until french toast is ready.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the Kefir, maple syrup, chickpea flour, nutritional yeast, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Transfer the mixture to a shallow dish.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat with some coconut oil.
- Coat both sides of a slice of bread in the mixture.
- Once the skillet is hot, cook each slice of bread for 2 minutes or until golden brown, then flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with pure maple syrup, berry compote, farmer cheese, and mint leaves.