Cupcakes are muffins that believed in miracles. Honor your sweet tooth with our superfood charcoal & matcha cupcakes. We brought a little crunch to each bite by topping the buttercream kefir frosting with Gr8nola.
Cultured Dairy: The Nutrition Benefits You Actually Need to Know
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
Several studies have shown a strong association between the gut-brain-microbiota. Probiotics introduced to the gut have been found to support immunity, improve allergies, and improve digestion.
Studies have shown that reduced diversity of healthy gut bacteria during early years is associated with an increase in food allergies during school age years. In addition, kefir made from whole fat milk helps absorb key nutrients such as Vitamins A, D, E, and K. Vitamin K is important because it helps your bones absorb calcium. It’s important to know that kefir contains a special trio: vitamin D, K, and calcium – all three crucial elements to support bone health.Servings: 12 cupcakes per batch
- 2½ cups whole wheat flour, sifted
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup cacao powder
- 2 tbsp activated charcoal powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup Organic Plain Whole Milk Kefir
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup charcoal chia gr8nola
- ½ cup butter (1 stick), softened
- 3 tbsp Plain Whole Milk Kefir
- 1½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F and prepare muffin tin with 12 cupcake liners
- In a medium bowl mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, activated charcoa, cacao powder and pinch of salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer beat eggs with sugar for 3-4 minutes until creamy
- Add the butter, vanilla extract and mix for 3 minutes. Add kefir and blend well
- On a low speed, beat in the dry ingredients until just combined. (a spatula also works in place of a mixer.)
- Fill each cupcake liner ¾ full
- Bake for 15 - 17 minutes or until the toothpick inserted comes out clean
- Cool off completely before frosting