Barriga llena, corazón contento. A full stomach makes a happy heart. No crispy churro is complete without a dunk in a creamy chocolate dip. We upgraded this classic pairing by mixing in our whole milk kefir to complement these treats from Xoco Chicago. Add an extra dusting of cinnamon and sugar on top for just the right amount of creamy and crunchy!
Prebiotics are non-living, non-digestible carbohydrates naturally found in a variety of foods. Your body actually can’t digest prebiotics, so they’re what probiotics feed off of to remain actively working in your digestive system. They help the digestive system by promoting the growth of good bacteria.
Prebiotics and probiotics work together in balance to make sure our digestive system stays on track and regular. Research has found that consuming a variety of prebiotic and probiotic food sources may improve your body’s natural functions, including both your immune and digestive system.
Dark chocolate is not only tasty but is rich in health benefits! Based on its abundance of antioxidants, dark chocolate can positively affect the mood by stimulating the production of endorphins which result in that happy feeling. Our favorite treat has also been shown to:
- Reduce stress levels
- Strengthen gut health (hello, healthy digestion!)
- Boost Immunity
- Improve Heart Health
- Reduce Blood Pressure
- ¼ cup Organic Plain Whole Milk Kefir
- 1 bag dark chocolate, melted
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, solid
- Melt dark chocolate in medium bowl over bowling water until smooth. Slowly stir in coconut oil and remove from the heat as you add whole milk kefir.
- Serve immediately or store in fridge until serving.
- Pair with churros or fruit.