Feast on our Farmer Cheese and Tapenade Toast, a light and flavorful appetizer to nosh before dinner. The recipe features our farmer cheese, a cultured soft cheese with 10 live and active probiotic cultures and a texture similar to ricotta. Spread it over toasted slices of baguette and layer on finely chopped garlic, black olives, capers, cherry tomatoes, and basil. Top your toast with green onion, sea salt, and olive oil drizzles. The tang of the farmer cheese brings all the flavors together into one perfect bite. Bon Appétit!
Prebiotics + Probiotics = a Healthy You
Prebiotics are non-living, non-digestible carbohydrates naturally found in a variety of foods. Your body actually can’t digest prebiotics, so they’re what probiotics feed off of to remain actively working in your digestive system. They help the digestive system by promoting the growth of good bacteria. Prebiotics and probiotics work together in balance to make sure our digestive system stays on track and regular. Research has found that consuming a variety of prebiotic and probiotic food sources may improve your body’s natural functions, including both your immune and digestive system.
- 1 baguette
- 1/2 cup Farmer Cheese
- 1 cup black olives
- 1 tsp capers
- 1 tbsp fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cups green onions
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and slightly drizzle olive oil over slices of baguette. Bake until slightly browned.
- Finely chop black olives, capers, basil, garlic, and grape tomatoes.
- Top baked baguette with farmer cheese, followed by your finely chopped mix from step 2.
- Top with green onion, sea salt, and slightly drizzle olive oil and salt.