These Farmer Cheese Egg Muffins are egg-cellent for a quick breakfast or post-workout meal. Chop up some green pepper, broccoli, onion, tomato, and parsley, all of which are great sources of vitamin C and antioxidants. Then in a medium-sized bowl, whisk the eggs and stir in the chopped raw vegetables, shredded cheddar cheese, and our tangy farmer cheese. If you’ve never cooked with our farmer cheese before, it has a texture similar to ricotta and 13 grams of protein per serving for muscle recovery. Pour the mixture into a muffin tin and bake for about 20 minutes or until the eggs are fully cooked through. They’re nutritious and eggs-tremely delicious!
Prebiotics + Probiotics = a Healthy You
Prebiotics are non-living, non-digestible carbohydrates naturally found in a variety of foods. Your body actually can’t digest prebiotics, so they’re what probiotics feed off of to remain actively working in your digestive system. They help the digestive system by promoting the growth of good bacteria. Prebiotics and probiotics work together in balance to make sure our digestive system stays on track and regular. Research has found that consuming a variety of prebiotic and probiotic food sources may improve your body’s natural functions, including both your immune and digestive system.Servings: 12
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup Farmer Cheese
- 1/4 cup green peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Whisk the eggs. Stir in the farmer cheese, raw vegetables, parsley, and cheddar cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture into the muffin tin. Bake for 20-25 minutes until eggs are puffed up and cooked through.