A truly ghoulish delight, our family-friendly Frankenstein Matcha Smoothie is the perfect way to power up for a night of festive Halloween celebrations.
- 1 cup Organic Ceremonial Green Tea Matcha Lowfat Kefir
- 1 medium banana, sliced and frozen
- 1 generous handful of baby spinach
- 1 tsp organic matcha powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Fresh banana slices, to garnish
- Mini chocolate chips, to garnish
- Crushed chocolate cookies, to garnish
- Add the kefir, frozen banana, spinach, matcha powder, and vanilla extract into the pitcher of a high-powered blend. Blend on high until smooth, then set aside.
- Carefully place one chocolate chip in the middle of one slice of banana to create the smoothie's eye. Repeat for the second eye. Stick the "eyes" to the inside of a glass.
- Pour smoothie into glass and top crushed cookie crumbs. Slurp and enjoy!
- Keep this recipe gluten-free by using gluten-free chocolate chips and cookies!
- Don't have matcha on hand? Don't worry! The taste will be similar, but the color will be lighter.
- Substitute spirulina powder for the matcha powder if you prefer.