These Paleo Savory Spinach, Mushroom and Farmer Cheese Crepes are a great way to enjoy a classic brunch favorite while sticking to a grain-free diet.
- To saute the mushrooms and spinach: Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add a drizzle of olive oil, the sliced mushrooms and the onions. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover, but stir frequently, until soft and translucent and much of the liquid is evaporated.
- Add spinach and cook for an additional minute or two until soft and warm, adding more oil or water if necessary. Set aside.
- To cook the crepes: Combine the kefir, coconut flour, eggs, baking powder and a pinch of salt into a medium bowl and whisk together until thoroughly combined. Allow the batter to rest for 8-10 minutes while the coconut flour absorbs the liquid. Stir again, adding more kefir if necessary to achieve a thin consistency.
- Heat a non-stick cooking skillet to medium heat. Spray the skillet with non-stick cooking spray or spread ½ tsp of oil.
- Pour the batter in ¼ cup batches onto the hot skillet, swirling the pan with your wrist until the batter coats the bottom of the pan evenly. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until the sides of the crepe begin to raise up off of the pan and the center is cooked.
- Flip the crepe and cook for a few additional seconds, or until done. Transfer to a warm plate and spoon in a portion of the mushroom and spinach filling as well as a spoonful of Farmer Cheese. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, if desired, and fold.
- Transfer to a warm plate and cover before repeating the process with the remaining batter. Top with green onions before serving warm and enjoy!
- Because these crepes are gluten-free, they can be a bit fragile and difficult to flip. Take your time and make sure they're cooked through, and don't worry if a few are botched at first!