Pineapple and mint, the star-crossed lovers Shakespeare never wrote about. Once upon a time there was a legendary blend called the Pineapple Mint Julep Smoothie that all of the kingdom adored. The first ingredient, pineapple, brought a sweet, tropical taste with vitamin C and manganese. The second, fresh mint leaves, added a punch of flavor and was an especially good source of vitamin A and antioxidants. Then the third, and most important ingredient, plain kefir, a fermented masterpiece with 12 live and active probiotic cultures, brought a refreshing element to the blend. To add a touch of beauty, the beverage was garnished with pineapple slices and mint leaves. The results were worthy of high praise; smooth and delicious, even Romeo and Julep, or Juliet, agreed.
Adults have the option to blend in an ounce of bourbon, but it is of the utmost importance to drink responsibly.
- 2 cups Plain Lowfat Kefir
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- 1 handful mint leaves
- optional: 1 oz of bourbon
- Add all ingredients to the pitcher of a high-powered blender. Blend on high until smooth.
- Pour into two cocktail glasses and garnish with lime slices and mint leaves.
- Adults only: we recommend adding an ounce of bourbon before blending.